Offering sample conversations and an upbeat approach to making your point, Sam Horn delivers the secret of making small shifts for big benefits to communicate better at home, at work, online, and in public
With an eye to the contemporary challenges of email, remote work, and virtual conversations, Sam Horn updates concepts from her bestselling book Tongue Fu!, which is used by organizations around the world for communication skills training. Talking on Eggshells is a user-friendly resource offering what readers want and need to speak up instead of shutting down, face difficult conversations head on, and keep their cool when others don’t. Presenting forty character-building situations people encounter regularly, the book shows what to say and what not to say so readers are never tongue-tied or tongue-twisted again.
Relatable, real-life stories and energizing, instantly usable insights will teach anyone how to think on their feet, reduce stress, and deal more proactively and diplomatically with bosses, coworkers, customers, friends, family members, partners, children, and even that date who just ghosted them. With short situation-based chapters, readers will learn how to:
• stop complainers, blamers, and shamers from targeting them
• keep emotions under control — no matter what
• motivate people to stop talking, listen, and see another point of view
• hold bullies accountable for unacceptable behavior
• be more confident in meetings, in interviews, and when networking
• set an example of respect that inspires people to respond in kind
Talking on Eggshells will be everyone’s go-to guide for clearly communicating what they want and need to get the results they desire and deserve.
AVAILABLE IN JUNE