THE CORE BELIEF PROCESS: An Excerpt from THE GREATEST SECRET OF ALL by Marc Allen
By Marc Allen
The law of attraction — how to use the mental and physical abilities we were born with to create wealth and success — is wonderful to know, but many who have discovered this secret still lead miserable lives. Marc Allen's The Greatest Secret of All clearly explains this law of manifestation but then takes it a quantum leap further, revealing what is truly important in life. In this inspiring excerpt, you will find the simple secret to a life of happiness and ease, and the secret that lets each of us contribute to making the world a better place for all.
# # #
The truth is, all the practices and techniques that we’ve heard about over the years work: affirmations, prayers, declarations, positive thinking, creative visualization, self-actualization, self-realization, whatever you want to call it. They all work because every thought we have is a powerful creative force.
The only problem is that our doubts and fears can be powerful creative forces in our lives, if we let them. I’m sure the process works like this: We affirm I am creating success, doing what I love to do, in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way. And the Universe—or our subconscious mind, or whatever you want to call it—says Yes! And it goes about showing us just how to manifest our dreams, revealing to us exactly the steps we need to take.
But, if our next thought is, Oh but it’s so hard to succeed. So few people are really doing what they love to do…, then the Universe says Yes, it’s true—it’s very hard for you, with those thoughts. Look at how hard it is. In fact, it’s getting worse all the time.
Every thought we have, for good or ill, is creative. As soon as we focus as much or more on our dreams than we focus on our doubts and fears, our dreams—through a process that will always remain mysterious—begin to be realized, one step at a time.
We don’t have to make a leap of faith. We don’t have to believe in the process, just as we don’t have to believe in physics to see it operating in our lives.
But it is essential to become aware of the beliefs we carry with us, and see how much they affect every moment of our lives. Even just becoming aware of these beliefs is a great step toward letting them go, if we wish, or changing them into much more powerful, positive beliefs.
This activity can help you deal with any difficult situation or problem in your life. All it requires is answering these questions as honestly as you can, either in your head or on paper:
- What is the problem? Just describe the situation, for a minute or two.
- What emotions are you feeling? Just name them, in a word or two. Is there fear, frustration, anger, guilt, sadness? Sometimes just the act of naming the emotions will be enough for you to let at least some of them go. At other times, you have to go through all the steps of the process before your emotions shift.
- What physical sensations are you feeling? Take a minute to tune in to your body. Briefly describe what you feel happening physically.
- What are you thinking about? Take a few minutes and say out loud or write down what has been going through your mind. Is there a repetitive stream of thoughts you’ve been having lately? What are those recurrent thoughts?
- What is the worst thing that could happen in this situation? What is the worst-case scenario that you can imagine? If that happened, what would be the very worst thing that could happen to you? It is good to shed some light on your deepest fears, because you come to realize that the chances of those deep fears actually being realized are very slim indeed.
- What is the best thing that could happen? What would you like to have happen ideally? What is your ideal scene for this area of your life?
- What fear or limiting belief is keeping you from creating what you want? Now we’re getting to the core of the problem: What fear or limiting belief can you identify? State it as simply as you can — the simpler, the better. I’m a fool with money... I don’t have what it takes.... It’s so hard to succeed.... It’s all so stressful and unhealthy....
- What affirmation can you come up with that counteracts that negative or limiting belief? Put it in directly opposite words, if you can. Play with it until you find an affirmation that feels good to you and speaks to you in your own unique way. I am sensible and in control of my finances.... I am creating total financial success.... I am now creating abundance in my life.... I am living the life of my dreams, in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way.
- Say or write your affirmation repeatedly over the next days, weeks, and months. Write it down and put it in places where you see it often. Repeat it—or repeat them, if you have several—in the mornings and throughout the day whenever you remember, especially when doubts and fears arise, as they almost surely will. When you repeat it enough, it will become more powerful than your doubts and fears.
When you go through this simple process, startling changes can start to happen almost immediately. You don’t have to believe the process works as long as you see it working in your life, in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way.
# # #
is the author of The Greatest Secret of All
, as well as numerous other books, including
Visionary Business, The Millionaire Course, and The Type-Z Guide to Success. He is also an internationally renowned seminar leader, entrepreneur, author, and composer. He co-founded New World Library (with Shakti Gawain) and has guided the company, as president and publisher, from a small start-up to its current position as a major player in the independent publishing world. He leads seminars in northern California and gives monthly free teleseminars that reach people all over the world. Find out more about his work at www.marcallen.com.