Imagine you’ve just finished a delicious meal of your favorite Chinese food. The server hands you the check and, true to form, a fortune cookie. You pick it up and break it open . . .
Even if you’re nowhere near any tea or chopsticks, you’re in luck — you can play our fortune cookie game. Just pick a number from 1 to 7 and then find that number’s fortune in the list below:
1. When you’re Escaping the Prison of the Intellect, you may be Beyond Knowing, but As You Think, just remember The Miracle of the Breath.
2. Walking The Mist-Filled Path, you will meet The Red-Haired Girl from the Bog. If you want Intimate Kisses, try Truth in Dating: ask her to Tea Here Now.
3. Mastering Creative Anxiety requires Standing at Water’s Edge, learning to Work with Passion, and Saying What’s Real.
4. Your Dog Is Your Mirror, so Training Your Dog the Humane Way is The Gift that can make you Glad No Matter What.
5. Go Beyond Fear. Even if you have Not a Drop to Drink and you’re thinking, “Man! We Got Issues!” — Do It Anyway.
6. Somewhere in The World Is a Waiting Lover, perfect for exploring Soul Love, Partnering, and even The Smart Couple’s Guide to the Wedding of Your Dreams!
7. Just for Today, why not try Creating Time for Living Fully Awake in the Wild, meeting Angel Animals, and Learning Their Language? After discovering their Animal Grace, you’ll see The Difference a Day Makes.
* * *
If you think these fortunes might be more than they seem, you’re right: these grains of wisdom were pieced together from the titles of New World Library books and audios. For more chances at serendipity, click on the titles in your fortune. You may just discover a book or recording you didn’t know you needed.
Want more sage advice? Take a spin through our catalog and create your own fortunes! Believe me, this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the possible New-World-Library-title fortunes. Our catalog is full of titles just waiting to be remixed into pithy guidance.
We would love to hear your original fortune ideas. You can post your fortunes in the comments below, or you can post them to our Facebook page. Enjoy!
Many thanks to the teacher of our weekly office yoga class, Daniel “Yoga Dan” Rauck, for the inspiration behind this post!